SCALA imports detailed shipment data from ODBC databases and Microsoft Excel®, as well as directly from our transport management system LP/2. This data can be selectively manipulated in SCALA and calculated for various analyses (e.g.: introducing a new charge, changed shipment weights/quantities or shifting destination distribution). Whether tender bids from service providers or complex logistics scenarios, the included statistics tool SP/2 can be used to evaluate, compare and visualize the data.
Simulations in SCALA help you to prepare for logistics decisions more flexibly, conveniently, reliably and quickly:
- Freight cost simulation based on historical shipment data
- Informed analysis and comparison of differently structured bids, according to variable criteria including destination zones, weight classes, distance scales, etc.
- Simulation of logistics costs with changed output parameters
- Support in strategy planning and freight cost control: relocation, reducing the number of service providers, comparison of different carriers
- Detailed numbers and comparisons provide arguments in tender negotiations
- Freely definable criteria for data manipulation
- Integration and comparison of different distance modules
- Visualization of shipment structures in world maps and Google Earth©
- Modern software technology